Five Interesting Things: Today’s Scan Hits
Here are some hits and links to some stories that have recently caught our attention.
- This Bloomberg podcast goes deep into Japan’s current economic state, including the use of robots and automation to replace falling workforce numbers, (Note: podcast.)
- Speaking of automation and work, this piece discusses how jobs that require “emotional labor” will be safer from displacement. We covered this as well in our Futures of Work report.
- Also covered in our Futures of Work report is human-machine cooperation and how the melding may create more than each brings. This HBR article discusses some aspects of this, and how AI could make us (humans) smarter.
- Rounding out the coverage of automation, it’s the robot policeman of Dubai.
- What are Millennials ruining now? Actually, they are perhaps helping to revive the library system as they are using them more than any other current generation.